We are looking to hire a reliable and organized Cable Technician/On-site Customer Support to install, maintain, copper and fiber cable systems for onsite business client and provide Technical Support. Duties will include providing on-site technical support in addition to cable technician responsibilities including installing, terminating and testing fiber and copper cabling, working on ladders and lifts, installing equipment, and troubleshooting any problems with the cable system.
Candidate should have strong knowledge of cable technology and hardware. Should be able to work in cramped spaces, at heights, and interact with clients in a friendly and professional manner.
- Provide On-Site Technical Support at client site
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing fiber and copper cable infrastructure.
- Performing maintenance on existing cabling systems.
- Testing newly installed or relocated cables according to company specifications.
- Troubleshooting issues with cable network.
- Installing of cable support structures such as j-hooks, cable racks, and indict.
- Ensuring all cables are neatly tied and bundled according to cabling Specifications and safety regulations.
- Completing paperwork such as timesheets, checklists, vehicle inspection reports and service orders.
- Previous work experience as a cable technician and Customter Technical support
- Strong knowledge of mathematics, science and electrical systems.
- Ability to install complex internet and television equipment.
- Ability to work in cramped spaces.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and fix any problems that may arise.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Ability to identify independent colors and learn color codes.
- Valid driver's license.